12 December 2008

the First

So this is "blogging."
1:08am: There isn't much else to do, except sleep, which would make far too much sense for me. So, bored of all my usual late night activities, this is what I've come to. Following the crowd? Probably. And why not. Of course, the only comfort I can take in writing this is knowing that the chances of anyone actually reading it are slim to none. So if you are, congrats...you're probably bored already. Sorry. But you can't say I didn't try to keep you away. I did. I promise.

Confession: Even now, as I write this, I am afraid of blogging. I don't write things for others to read. Ever. And it terrifies me to put any part of myself in such a public realm, even if it is just a few random words composed in the wee hours of the morning, so to say. There is something uncomfortable in that act: exposing yourself to others. And to unknown others at that. Who are you out there reading my words?

Well, I feel okay about this I guess. If I decide against it later I'm banking on some kind of delete function on this blog and my post will be dissolved into oblivion, where it belongs.

ciao

No comments: