03 February 2010

semi-hypothetical situations

Dearest Facebook,

I don't know how to say this but to just say it. I think we should take a break. I know I should have come to you directly; I should have told you face to facebook, but you'll see, it's better this way. It might come as something of a shock after all the time we've spent together lately--all those late nights and what seems like every moment of my spare time. You don't even have to ask, yes, it will be hard for me too. I won't pretend that I won't think about you, miss you, want you back. But I also know this is for the best. As much as I have enjoyed our time together I know that something about our relationship just isn't right and I have to let go, even if I don't want to. It's strange the way you have slowly become part of my life, every day filling up a bigger part of it and making me think that I wouldn't be complete without you; that I need you. But it isn't true.

All I can say now is thank you for everything you've given me--your messages, the photos, that connection that I don't think I would have had in any other way. But then, maybe it wasn't the kind of connection I needed. As great as it seemed, I need something real, something you can never give me. So I'm sorry, but this is goodbye. Trust me when I say this is for the best.

Farewell and best wishes,

Kendal

No comments: