16 December 2011

Remember your place

So it turns out that I have one thing in common with Taylor Swift (please skip to minute 5:46 of this video to find out what):



Yes, that's right: "Mi espaƱol no es muy bueno."

When this clip came on the news, Dulia, the woman I live with, laughed and said, "It sounds like you when you speak Spanish!" Then, perhaps to soften the blow, she added, "You speak a little better, but you have the same accent!"

Cool. Awesome. Thanks Dulia. Thank you for putting me in my place. I've spent the last 3 months gaining a certain confidence in my Spanish speaking abilities, but luckily for me I have you to take that prideful nonsense and smash it to pieces in 2 seconds flat. Super.

It's especially great since I have been studying spanish for the last 7 billion years, and apparently Taylor heard it for the first time about 3 seconds before stepping onto stage.

Yeah...

2 comments:

marissa said...

ouch! :( te amo mucho!

ashley said...

maybe she thinks all non-Spanish speakers would sound like Taylor! chin up, my dear! you are talented and can speak much better than most!