04 March 2010

Are we human or are we dancer?


Pay my respects to grace and virtue
Send my condolences to good

Give my regards to soul and romance,

They always did the best they could

And so long to devotion

You taught me everything I know

Wave goodbye

Wish me well..
.
You've gotta let me go

- Human, the killers

I've been listening to this song over and over today (I'm not even sure why this song, really) and I've been wondering...

I believe in a Heavenly Father who loves us and has a plan for His children on earth. And part of that faith is that life doesn't end when we die. I know that we go on, all of us, and we have hope of life that not only lasts for eternity, but is full of grace and beauty and peace and joy and creation and love and family and divinity.
I know this.

So I just wonder, why is it still so hard to let go?

This week I found out that an amazing man--Gary Bryner--has decided to end his battle with cancer and turn his life over to the Savior. His faith and courage inspire me. He has taught me so much about what it is to love the people of the world and to truly turn your life over to service. I will always be grateful for the light and goodness that he has shared with me over the past year, and with so many others throughout his life. I do not know how much longer he has, though I know it isn't long, but I know that he will leave the world a better place for the life he has lived.

Is there anything greater that can be said of a human life?

1 comment:

ahlin said...

i. love. lovvvvvve. LOVE. the killers. so much.