14 April 2010

Addict-able

There is a reason I don't watch TV. . .


It has to do with the fact that I don't want to be obsessed...
and it is oh so easy to get caught up. At least for me.


Last night we watched "Glee" in my apartment. And I liked it. And the music was quite good. But then...

Today I found myself wondering what was going to happen to Rachel, and if she would figure out that this evil James kid was a lying jerk, and if she would date this other boy Finn (I think that's his name).

I was actually worried about a fictional character on TV.

I am not okay with this. I love to be enveloped by stories--that is one of the joys of reading good literature. But TV is different-

it pulls you in and then. . .
you are a slave to its time schedule
and you buy the seasons
and watch them over and over
and then your brain turns to mush!

I've seen it happen to too many people to fall for that trap!

ok. ok. that may be a slight exaggeration, but I still don't want to get sucked into the world of TV series. I escaped it after two seasons of "The Office" and I will escape "Glee" too. The truth is, I just don't have the time. There are just too many other things I want to do!

1 comment:

Just Dreaming... said...

ok but really, Glee is SOOO good!! We're all worried about Rachel.... :) I'll take one for the team and watch it so you can do worthwhile things with your time. You always were motivated to do better things with your time, I look up to you Kendal :)