12 January 2010

Blueberry Pancakes

This morning my roommate Trisha came into my room with a plate of delicious pancakes and a bottle of syrup and made me the happiest girl in the world! I am so grateful for her and for all of my wonderful roommates--they make me happy every day; and for good friends; and family; and so many blessings I couldn't count them even if I tried as hard as I probably should. I do not deserve all the goodness I have been given.

When I thanked my roommate she chimed back to me a quote I love: "Never suppress a generous thought" (Sister Parkin in a devotional at BYU a few years ago). How great is that? I've always been amazed at the simple truth of those few words. We can do so much good to those around us if we just do what we naturally want to do. If we feel inclined to make a phone call or bring someone brownies or do someone's dishes or give a friend a ride or write a little note or just spend time listening to what another person has to say, why not just do it? That is something I really want to work on in my life and I am so grateful to have such incredible examples around me! Thanks Trisha! And thank you to everyone who serves me and brings me joy and makes me laugh and listens to my stories and tolerates my craziness! I love you--you are my light in every dark day.

No comments: